Let's just skip the part where I go on and on about how long it's been since I posted and just get on to the knitting, okay?
Here it goes. First, I "finished" a pair of mittens. The quotes are because the second mitten is lacking a thumb. It's easy - would take about 15 minutes, but do I knit it? Heck, no! Like a true procrastinating/fickle knitter, I've moved on to other projects. But first, here's a look at my Bubbles Mittens. The pattern was a download from Ravelry. I did pay for it, but I thought the pattern was so adorable it was worth it! I present, Bubbles:
Pattern: Bubbles by Sara Peterson
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Lite, color #2030 & Dale of Norway/Dalegarn Falk in white.
Needles: Size 3 dpns
Thoughts: This was a fun pattern! I"ve been really into fair isle lately - but mostly nontraditional stuff. There are a few places where you have long floats, but as long as you anchor them, everything is fine! I had to remove part of the Noro because there was a long section of a light beige color that wouldn't have contrasted with the white. It's easy to see on both mittens becasue of the quick change in color, but I don't mind much.
Started: October 18, 2008 (my birthday)
Finished: Well...not quite yet, but I've had as much as you see in the pics done for a few weeks now.
I've started a fair isle hat, but there isn't much to show yet, so that'll have to wait. I've also finished the endpaper mitts. Since the second one looks the same as the first, I'll spare you another picture. And now, I'm working on my Windowpane Coat. I'm using Plymouth Galway Heathers. It's a lighter weight than the called for yarn, but it's working out just fine so far! The texture is wonderful and really shows up in the following pic. I know it looks funny - but there is a split/vent in the back. Later, I'll knit some ribbing to finish it up and it won't look so much like a pair of pants. (yes, that is a tail in the upper left.)